Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Hanukkah !?!?

Having been raised in a Christan family, I don't know much about Jewish traditions. To be honest the only time I really thought about it was when the radio played Adam Sandler's The Hanukkah Song on the radio. That may sound terribly ignorant of me, but it's the truth. It just wasn't on my radar.
Since becoming a parent I have become more aware, though CLEARY not as aware as our children! Our family really isn't exclusive to any religion... so you can imagine my surprise this morning when Bunny came running up to me in a panic saying that she had lost her menorah. I blinked a couple of times and realized that Sesame Street was playing a special for Hanukkah. A program called Shalom Sesame. Once my brain caught up to Bunny's quest.. I told her to go see if she could find it. She was ok with that and went back to watching her program. About 15 - 20 min later, after the show was over, she came up to tell me "Mommy. I think I want a cradle for Christmas." hmmm... " A cradle for a baby?" "No. A craaaaadle." *blink blink* "OH! A Dreidel!?!?! " Yep." *sigh* Hmmmm...
Suddenly I turned into Pooh Bear.. tapping the side of my head and saying "Think think think" I wasn't sure what to say.. so I told her that I would see what I could do. I have tried to print a coloring page, but the printer refuses to work. Her Aunt Tavia sent her an e-card with a dreidel game. She was thrilled. I guess we will hit up the library to learn more about Hanukkah.
One thing I can say about being a parent.. esp to our little Bunny Girl... is there is never a dull moment! She keeps me on my toes for SURE!! LOL
Anyway.. Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

New follower!! Love the name! XOXO