Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Rest Well Rooster



A few weeks ago, 4/16/06 to be exact, I lost my Rooster. He was my one true confidant for 12 years. I got him when he was just over 1 year old.. and boy did we have a life together.. though I still find my self tearing up when I have to admit that he is no longer here, I also feel my heart fill when I talk to people who knew him.

He was an amazing friend and as you can see in the picture... He LOVED his babies. He first thought Bunny was loud and smelled funny... then once she started eating real food, he thought she was delicious.... and when she started to feed herself (and share with him) he was in love. It was at that point that he agreed we could keep her. She loved her "roohoo" and he loved her. He like Bug an awful lot too... but Mommy and Bunny was where his heart was. Well... that and hot dogs.

For those who didn't know him, he also sang country Music. LOL Check out Rooster Sings The Judds. He was only about 6 or 7 years here.

I miss him. I probably always will.

No comments: