Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Feeding the neighborhood!

Muffin Tin Monday has inspired us to get just a little dirty this weekend. Our theme for this coming Monday is Birds. I had an idea to use this theme to entertain us and help us learn about birds.


Today we made a bird feeder out of a Hawaiian Punch jug.
(My husband found some on sale so now I have all of these bottles waiting to go to recycling.)

The Hawaiian Punch jugs have that great little handle to make it easier to tie onto a branch or whatever you choose to hang it from.

Bunny got some Princess stickers in her potty training kit. We never used them, and since she wanted to "make it pretty" I figured we could put them to use.

I may tilt my head to look at it. Much like I would to an abstract piece of art trying to find the beauty in it.. but Bunny thought it was the most beautiful thing on the island!!! Isn't that what matters? :o)

Moments after hanging it. We had a little bird come check it out. He flew to the next tree and started chirping like crazy. Bunny and I decided that he was calling his friends. I had no idea there was such a need for a bird restaurant in the area. :o)P

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I made one very similar when I was a little girl :) Great fun! I have a great "bird cookie" recipe that you can hang from trees or what have you with ribbon, if you decide you want it!

Oh, and I TOTALLY see the beauty in a princess bird feeder! Shiloh would too, lol