Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Microwave Popcorn?

I am going to start posts that will help other families find cost cutting ideas.
It may save a little.. or it may save a lot. The key word is "save". :o)
So, here is my first (to my knowledge) Frugal to a Fault post. ENJOY! Please feel free to share if you have some ideas that I can try and share.
I recently came across a blog post (that of course I can't remember for the life of me right now) that showed me how to make your own microwave popcorn. I wanted to try it before posting.. It was not only MUCH cheaper, It was better tasting IMO.
1/4 cup of popcorn and a brown paper lunch bag, is really all you need. I added a little Parkay Spray for some buttery taste (and so it would help hold some salt better. LOL)
Fold top of the bag 2 or 3 times. A tight fold is best.
Bunny's snack today. Popcorn that she got to help make, Pirate's Booty, and fresh Strawberries. YUM!

2 comments:

Sippy Cup Central said...

How long did it take? thanks, karen
sippy cup central mom

Allison said...

Hee hee, too funny, I gave you an award too! See, you're blog is just that good :-)

Go here to accept your award:
http://growinglittlehearts.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-award.html